1 - Purpose
Sopra Steria AG, with headquarters located in Switzerland, Steinackerstrasse 47, 8902 Urdorf (hereinafter referred to as "Sopra Steria" or "we" or "us") attaches great importance to the protection of personal data of its Candidates (hereinafter referred to as "Candidates" or "You").
The purpose of this Notice is to provide Candidates (responding to job offers published by Sopra Steria or spontaneous candidates) with information on the processing of their personal data during the recruitment process, which may take place through any available channel (website, e-mail, recruitment tools, professional social media such as LinkedIn, etc.).
Please note that this Notice may be updated from time to time by Sopra Steria. The date of the most recent update will appear on the footer of this page. We therefore invite You to consult it regularly.
2 - What kind of personal data we process?
We only process personal data that is strictly necessary for the purposes described in this Notice, or any other purpose that will be communicated to You at the time of collection.
The personal data we process may be provided directly by You when You send us Your application (cover letter and curriculum vitae in electronic or in paper format), or indirectly when you apply for our vacancies for example through an agency or recruitment firm.
As a result, we may process the following categories of personal data:
- Candidate identification data (last name, first name, contact data (postal or e-mail address, telephone number, ID cards, working permit);
- Data relating to your educational and professional background such as degrees and certifications, professional experience, references, awards;
- Data on your salary expectations (remuneration paid in your previous positions and your current salary); and browsing and connection data (including web pages visited, IP address of your computer, connection logs).
3 - What are the purposes of the processing of Your personal data?
Personal data is collected for the purposes described below. Alongside the purposes, we have also specified the legal bases for the processing:
Purposes of the processing
Process your application and determine your suitability for the post You have applied for or for another post in case a similar post becomes vacant.
Your explicit consent and Sopra Steria's legitimate interest as a recruiter to examine your application.
Keep You informed of the outcome of Your recruitment process.
Sopra Steria's legitimate interest as a recruiter to examine your application.
Manage job offers likely to correspond to Your profile.
Sopra Steria's legitimate interest as a recruiter to find the right candidate for the position to be filled.
Manage Your registration on the online recruitment platform.
Your explicit consent provided by registering on the online recruitment platform.
If your application is successful, conclude the recruitment process and manage Your employment contract.
Comply with the legal obligations imposed on Sopra Steria acting as a recruiter.
Compilation of statistics relating to Sopra Steria job offers.
Sopra Steria has a legitimate interest in assessing the performance of the measures in place to ensure the effectiveness of its recruitment process.
4 - Who are the recipients of Your personal data?
Your personal data is accessible only to those who need to know it in the context of their respective functions. In particular, the categories of recipients of personal data received by Sopra Steria are the following:
- Members of Sopra Steria's HR and Recruitment teams including IT referents;
- Members of the specific BU or Department in which the position is to be filled.
- HR departments of Sopra Steria Group subsidiaries depending on the nature of the position;
- Clients potentially concerned by the position and
- Sopra Steria's service providers specialised in HR recruitment and management.
In addition, please note that in the event that all or part of Sopra Steria's activities are sold or transferred to third parties, Your personal data, as collected and stored by Sopra Steria, may be transferred to such third parties, subject to applicable legal provisions.
Sopra Steria may also disclose information if required by law, including pursuant to a court order or to defend its rights, if such measures are necessary to prevent fraud or a cyber crime, or to ensure the security of Sopra Steria or any other person, where required or permitted by applicable legal provisions.
Given the international dimension of the Sopra Steria Group, Your personal data may be transferred to recipients outside Switzerland and the European Union/European Economic Area (EEA: EU Member States and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway), to countries that do not offer a level of protection up to the EU standard of essential equivalence. International transfers of personal data may be necessary for the performance of Sopra Steria’s business activities and for its internal administrative management. Sopra Steria ensures that restricted transfers take place lawfully, using the transfer tools provided for by applicable regulations and providing appropriate safeguards and protection measures.
You can obtain a copy of these guarantees by sending an email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
5 - How long do we store Your personal data?
We will only keep Your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the above purposes or to enable us to comply with our legal obligations.
Unless you object, Sopra Steria will retain Your data for a maximum of 24 months after Your last interaction with Sopra Steria. This period allows us to re-evaluate your profile if a similar position becomes available and we believe that it may be of interest to you.
We may need to retain Your personal data in archival form beyond the period indicated above in order to comply with our legal obligations or, if necessary, in view of applicable limitation periods, to enforce our rights.
Once personal data is no longer needed for these purposes or for archiving to fulfil our legal obligations or to comply with applicable limitation periods, we ensure that it is completely destroyed or anonymised.
6 - What rights are granted to You?
Sopra Steria recognises the importance of data subject rights and enables individuals to exercise them in the simplest and most effective way. Accordingly, we are open to Your questions on the conditions of processing of Your personal data and to Your requests to exercise the following rights:
- Right to obtain a copy of Your personal data as well as information on how Your personal data is processed and its legal basis;
- Right to rectify Your personal data if it is incorrect and the right to complete it if it is incomplete;
- Right to delete Your personal data when it is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or processed;
- Right to restrict the processing of Your personal data where:
- their accuracy is disputed;
- the processing is unlawful but You object to the erasure of Your personal data;
- we no longer need Your personal data but they are still necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- Right to request the portability of Your personal data in a machine-readable format if our processing is based on Your consent or the performance of a contract You have entered into with us;
- Right to withdraw Your consent to the processing of Your personal data if such processing is based on Your consent. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent carried out before the withdrawal of consent.
In addition to the above rights, You have the right to object to any processing of Your personal data based on Sopra Steria's legitimate interests, unless Sopra Steria has compelling legitimate grounds to do so.
To exercise these rights or if you have any question, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com
Last modified: August 2023